Sunday 3 June 2012

Fairytale Retreat in New York

An update to this post, dears. My blog friend Doina Manea told me she had seen an article on this cottage in the New York Times. There are more lovely photographs and you can real all about the making of this cottage. Here is the link.

Located near the Catskill Mountains in the state of New York, this 10 square metre hut served as an overnight cabin for local hunters in the 1940s. Laura Foster turned it into a mini Victorian fairytale retreat.


Den ombyggda jaktstugan ligger i en glänta i skogen. Björn och prärievarg syns ofta stryka omkring i området.








A happy Sunday to all my lovely readers!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. i would LOVE such a "hut!"
    very sweet
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! A heavenly retreat - I would something like this in my garden, wouldn't it be the perfect office cum guest space. Divine!!

    Sharon
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feminine and romantic. Love it!

    xoxo Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was an article in New York Times about this romantic hut in the Catskills. Lovely retreat. A bit too isolated for my taste, right in the middle of the woods, but this isn't criticism. It's just me. She did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/garden/24cottage.html?pagewanted=all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Doina! I've already updated my post and included the link to the NYT article.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Very charming. We had a company in Indiana called Simpler Times Village that was going to build an entire community of homes like this one. Unfortunately it fell through but I always thought of building one of their small homes out in the middle of the country somewhere. Looks great..and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity! Although they would have had to add a kitchen and bathroom as this cottage doesn't have them!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Kifus,
    I saw a feature on this little cottage in the NY Times some time ago...it started my quest for cottages. I've amassed a file of images of my favorites and I sometimes just scroll through them and dream. Such imagination this person has.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable, I *want* one :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Widget By Devils Workshop